Logistics and E-commerce are two industries that deploy complex and challenging workforce and operation set-ups. Be it a small or large corporation, keeping them functioning like a well-oiled machine requires a robust time attendance and workforce management platform. If not, it could result in payroll leakages and affect operations of the business.
Managing contract workforce coming through different manpower providers continues to be a persisting challenge in the logistics and e-commerce landscape. Thanks to the modern workforce management platforms, which constructively address common contingent workforce challenges and help maximize efficiencies and cut costs.
Let us see some of the niggling challenges that logistics and e-commerce companies face today, why there is a pressing need for advanced time-attendance systems and how modern companies can leverage these systems to achieve better business outcomes.
Challenges faced by modern logistics and e-commerce companies
For e-commerce and logistics companies handling their diverse workforce still remains their top challenge. They frequently ramp up and ramp down their workforce as the situation demands. For example, during festive times and special occasions ecommerce companies, apart from their regular workforce, recruit a lot of contract workers from multiple manpower providers. These people work round the clock, with complex shifts and overtime schedules. So, tracking their attendance, managing their shifts, overtime and leaves is a mighty challenge.
It’s a mobile-first culture and since most of the employees are always on the move, it is imperative for organizations to have a mobile app-based solution that allows employees to mark their attendance on the fly, from anywhere in the world.
The ongoing COVID 19 pandemic has changed the way people work. Touch-based fingerprint biometric systems are considered to be risky, forcing companies to opt for contactless facial and palm recognition systems to mark attendance safely.
So, for today’s ecommerce and logistics companies, it makes sense to have a single advanced time-attendance and workforce management solution that caters to all types of workforce and takes care of end-to-end attendance and workforce operations across their ecosystem.
The need for advanced time-attendance and workforce management solutions is more now than ever
Keeping mind unprecedented changes and uncertainties, modern companies are opting for full-fledged and all-encompassing solutions to manage their diverse workforce efficiently. A single platform that can handle several operations such as shift scheduling, leave management, overtime management, time-based productivity tracking, employee engagement, automated time tracking and payroll leakage prevention.
These advanced time-attendance systems use different kinds of innovative biometric systems to help track and manage on-premise, feet-on-street, contract and gig workers with remarkable ease. With numerous inventive features, organizations can carry out their day-to-day tasks seamlessly and make cost-effective decisions.
What to look for while choosing a time attendance and workforce management solution
With so many choices around, choosing the right time-attendance solution for your logistics and e-commerce company can get strenuous. Not to worry. Here are some essential factors you need to consider before deciding upon a solution.
- Real-time, cloud based SaaS: For centralized attendance and workforce management
- On-site biometric systems with contactless palm/face recognition, thermal scanning, mask detection and temperature detection to ensure employees at work are safe at all times.
- Mobile app with instant on-cloud facial recognition that allows employees to mark their attendance from anywhere in the world.
- Geofencing/geotagging features to help set geographic restrictions, track and confirm locations of full-time, part-time, contract and gig workers.
- Cloud-powered web punch application that allows employees to effortlessly clock in/out and to easily access and process data.
- A fully automated system that allows you to automate crucial workforce processes and seamlessly integrate with all 3rd party payroll and HRMS systems.
How Securtime is reshaping the world of logistics and e-commerce
Securtime time-attendance and workforce management, with its intuitive solutions, backed by advanced technology has served as a linchpin for numerous e-commerce and logistics companies in managing the attendance, shift and leave management of their diverse staff effectively. The solution plays a crucial role in helping companies establish a firm footing in the market and achieve faster growth.
Let us see how Securtime has powered up e-commerce and logistics companies.
Case Study 1
Overview: The client is a top e-commerce player with distributed temporary workforce across warehouses and delivery Centers.
The Challenge: With the presence in more than 120 locations and a massive workforce of 50,000, including white-collared, blue-collared and contractual employees, the client faced challenges in centralized attendance tracking, resulting in payroll processing delays and also significant payroll leakages.
The Solution: With Securtime’s robust and powerful automated attendance system, the client was able to de-clog administrative bottlenecks and avoid payroll pitfalls. As a result, the client was able to effectively track attendance of all types of workforce(on-premise, feet-on-street, contract and gig workers) in real-time, reduce the delay in payroll and successfully prevent payroll leakages. Securtime’s inventive platform empowered the client to:
- Achieve 12Cr annual savings by preventing payroll leakages
- Smoothly manage payrolls with changing regulations
- Establish secure and scalable ecosystem
- Achieve improved ROI
Case Study 2
Overview: The client is one of the top logistics & warehousing companies with distributed network servicing e-commerce giants across locations.
The Challenge: With 100+ locations, 8000 employees and contractual workforce from different manpower providers, they found it highly challenging to track and make payouts accurately.
The solution: Securtime’s fully-automated attendance system, leveraging advanced features such as mobile apps, tablet apps and geofencing, the client was able to streamline and track their diverse workforce consisting of feet-on-street, on-premise, and contract workers with great ease.
Securtime’s innovative platform helped the client deliver uninterrupted service to their e-commerce customers across locations, facilitate faster payroll processing, and make accurate payouts.
As a result, the company was able to:
- Reduce errors
- Save time
- Increase security
- Make strategic payroll decisions
- Generate reports easily
Why Choose Securtime?
Securtime is a cloud-based, plug-and-play time attendance and workforce management platform that offers a slew of unique features that other contemporary systems lack.
- Track and manage diverse workgroups – remote, on-premise, contract and gig workers.
- Comprehensive mobile app for feet-on-the-street workforce tracking with advanced face authentication feature
- Real-time work allocation; transparent and validated data with 100% accuracy.
- Best-in-class SLA-driven sales support and maintenance with remote monitoring, diagnosis and fix.
- Perfect shift planning with rostering function to align shifts with machine time to maximize productivity.
- Lower TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) reduces by more than 50% over 5 years.
Logistics and e-commerce companies who deployed Securtime’s full suite of solutions were able to successfully mitigate operational costs, labor costs, overtime challenges and overcome complex scheduling requirements.